You are not connected. Please login or register

Notes for March 2010 - March 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hey Guys, this is my first series of "notes" that will detail all thats going on inside of MC inc for the rest of this year and the years to come. Sometimes the notes will detail some procedures that I do or use. Feel free to use any coding ideas that I post for your forums and sites.

Calendar for March 2010

March - 18

• I'm planning on starting on the MC Inc Main Forum (This Place) Today. It is going to take awhile for the site to get done but in the end all of the support forums, updates, and misc. areas will be held here.
  • Continuing the work on CB, trying to finish up the shops for district 1 today so I can move on to designing the homes. The Imagemapping will be completed as I finish each district, So don't expect the district 2 map done until I finish adding the other links.
  • MC is open and running, though there are plans to remodel it, though i'm currently waiting until I have a full time staff before beginning the remodeling of MC.
  • FT is placed on hold until I've confirmed that MC and NG are fully operational. The ideas, and content will be stored on my pc and personal data storage until it is to be used.
  • NG will be closed and locked, this weekend followed by its own work being done by me, expect it to be locked down until I reveal the new NG.

Design Notes

Placing NavBar on the Side of the forum - March 18, 2010

Alright I got some new design notes for you guys today, its a simple thing that involves the css, and can be done on any forum version. Now to start off access your ACP (Admin Control Panel) and head over to the display tab. In there you'll see a link that says colors (Note: You'll have to have 'Advanced' selected in the ACP). In Colors, you'll see two tabs, click CSS and scroll down until you see something like this. It looks different for every version.

Phpbb2
Code:

.nav{
    font-weight: bold;
    font-size: 12px;
    color : #7f7b7b;
    }

Phpbb3
Code:

/* Menu-------------------------------------------------*/
.navbar {
color:#ffffff;
clear: both;
background-image: url('http://i10.servimg.com/u/f10/11/90/72/85/barpol10.png');
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-color: transparent;
background-width: 450px;
padding: 0px 100px;
height: .1%;
}

PunBB
Code:

/* Main navigation (Menu, information and crumbs)-------------------------------------------------------------*/
#pun-head #pun-navlinks {
   padding: 0.5em 1.1em 0.6em 1.1em;
   background-color: transparent;
   border-color: transparent;
   }

Invision
Code:

#navstrip {
color: #274940;
width: 860px;
   list-style: none;
   margin: 0 0 1em;
   font-weight: bold;
   }

Once you locate that code, its a simple thing of adding this to the end of it before the ending bracket.

Code:

float:right

After that click save and admire your good work.

Tutorial by:Emmanuel A. Edwards
Tutorial Last Revised on: March 19, 2010 - Emmanuel A. Edwards

View user profile http://mcinc-home.forumotions.net
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

No Comment.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum